top of page

If you want a religious wedding, there are just few things for you to consider.

What to do

Get in touch with us by completing the form below, or you can get in touch by email us you can find our contact details HERE and we will explain the procedure for getting married at St. Mary & St. John.

What you will need. 

One of the couple needs to be a member of the Church of England and should live in the parish where the couple want to be married. This can be discussed with the church. The usual proof of your name, age, marital status, address, occupation and nationality is required.


Publication of banns.
The banns are read aloud in the church on three successive Sundays before the wedding and, if the couple live in different parishes, the banns must be read in both. The wedding must take place within three months of the banns being read.

The banns are a means of publicising the wedding to make sure no one has any objections, so if you are known by any name other than the one on your birth certificate you should give that one as well. There is a small fee for reading the banns.


There is a charge for weddings at St. Mary’s & St. John's. These vary with your requirements. Mention this to us in your initial contact and we will put you in touch with the Treasurer who is better placed to deal with your financial enquiries

Thanks! Message sent.

bottom of page